Bridge 1 crosses the north branch of the Cross River on the trail coming downhill about 1/4 mile along the trail from the Pit Field.
It was the first construction project completed on the John Jay Community Trail and showed that the design worked very well for Gator access and that the bridge had strength and durability to last many years.
Stats & Status
- COMPLETED October 2017
- Working name: “Hackett’s Hollow” in honor of early JJTrail supporter Bob Hackett whose son Liam graduated in the John Jay Class of 2015 and was a member of the Cross Country and Track & Field teams.
- 26′ span, 2x 16′ ramps
- First structure built on JJTrail.
- 75% of materials brought to site (1/4 mile in) by hand before we secured regular and much appreciated access to the KLSD athletic department’s Gator utility vehicle.
- Materials moved included 5 cubic yards of stone, over 3 tons of lumber, screws, bolts, decking hardware (joist hangers, h-clips), and tools moved up and down each work session.
- Total work time estimate: 2 1/2 months