Boardwalk 3-4 is the combined third and fourth boardwalk on the trail from Bridge 2 towards JJMS.
The two boardwalks were originally envisioned as separate but due to their proximity and the intermittent muddy nature of the short area between them, we decided to combine them into one mega-boardwalk™. This avoids building an off-ramp and then an on-ramp with potential for flood plain activity (aka mud) in the dozen feet between them.
Stats & Status
- Status: COMPLETE
- Working name: “Megaboardwalk” since we combined the original boardwalk 3 & 4 into one large structure and it is our longest boardwalk (Bridge 2 is longer but since it has handrails it is considered a bridge)
- Total length 33′ of original boardwalk 3 built early July 2019
- Planned 16′ long boardwalk 4 merged with boardwalk 3
- Total finished length of ~73′
- Completed: Early August 2019