Race Date April 19!
Hello JJTrail Runner, Supporter, Donor, and Sponsor,
The John Jay Cross Country and Track & Field teams together with the John Jay Booster Club will be holding the 3rd annual John Jay 5k Trail Race, 4k Jay Walk, and Kids 200m Jay Dash at the JJ campus on Sunday, April 19, 2020 at 9am.
The race will raise money for the John Jay Community Trail (our new cross country course), the John Jay Boosters Club, and for the Cross Country and Track & Field programs at John Jay.
Grand Opening celebration
We are also planning a Grand Opening celebration for the day before the race, Saturday, April 18 from 4-6 pm hosted by Green Way Markets at Orchard Square Shopping Center in Cross River. You are invited! Look for more information on the Grand Opening celebration closer to the race weekend.
To make the race weekend a success, we need your help in the following areas:
- Run the race: Register yourself and family members for the John Jay Community Trail 5k Race, the 4k Jay Walk, and the Kids Jay Dash! Registering early helps us convince more sponsors to support the race and the trail.
- Donate: Please consider donating directly to support the course and our high school program. None of the work would be possible without our generous donors.
- Sponsorships: Who do you know that runs a business that could support the race? Your relationships can make a big difference in our community. Sponsors help us support the race event and the course. Email us your ideas and contacts — or if you need sponsor information for your own business.
- Volunteer: We need pre-race, race-day, and post-race volunteers to make the race and the trail a success. Volunteers are the beating heart of the trail work and the race weekend!
- Join the John Jay Booster Club: With Track & Field and Cross Country having the most students for any sport at the schools, let’s show our support for program by supporting the John Jay Booster Club and beyond. The Boosters Club supports all athletic programs in the K-L School District.
Go to https://runsignup.com/jjtrail to Donate, Register, or Volunteer. Email Rob Cummings (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Bill Crawford (email@example.com) to help us with sponsorships.
Thank you to the community and all of our supporters!
Check our up to date sponsor list here: jjtrail.org/sponsorships/2020-sponsors and our list of donors here: jjtrail.org/donors
-The JJTrail Race Committee
The John Jay 5k: The John Jay 5k Community Trail Race is a competitive community race on the new John Jay Community Cross Country Trail. The course starts on the lower fields of the John Jay Campus and quickly goes into the wooded trails adjacent to the middle school and high school. The trails are challenging and hilly in the woods. Runners finish in front of friends and family at the John Jay Contest Field.
The 4k Jay Walk: The course starts on the lower fields of the John Jay Campus and quickly goes into the wooded trails adjacent to the middle school and high school. The 4k course skips the southern loop trail but the community trails are challenging and hilly regardless. Walkers finish in front of friends and family at the John Jay Contest Field.
The 200 meter Kids Jay Dash: Kids from 2 years old through 5th grade are encouraged to dash the 200 meters on the John Jay Contest Track. Overall winners from each age group get a prize. The first 50 kids who pre-register will get a shirt.
JJ Trail: The John Jay Community Trail has been developed and built by student and community volunteers to provide a home course for the John Jay Cross Country teams as well as for the community. Help support our trail by donating, volunteering, sponsoring, or purchasing the new JJTrail Volunteer cap.
Check our Instagram page at instagram.com/jjtrail for the most up to date photos and videos from the trail volunteers.
John Jay Cross Country / John Jay Track & Field: The John Jay Cross Country teams have won three state-level titles since 2013, two Section 1 titles, and took the County Championships in recent years. John Jay Middle School has both Modified Cross Country plus winter and spring Track & Field teams who compete throughout the county.