JJ Trail Volunteers:
Today we worked on the Championship Bridge site digging the south foundation hole ever deeper. Still a lot more to be done — but we got a bunch of big rocks out of there and moved a lot of dirt.
- Tomorrow 9/18 – 8:30-12noon, Frog Hollow @ JJMS
- Thurs – 8:30am
- Fri – 9am – PIT field
- Saturday 9/21 – Library Fair, no work session
- Sunday 9/22 – 10:30am PIT field
Tomorrow (Wed 9/18) we will be out at the site of Frog Hollow Boardwalk (JJMS field) tomorrow morning for a finishing session from 8:30 am – 12 noon. If you can join in please come. We will be adding a log retainer to the north side, filling that side with dirt, and then wood-chipping both ends for a smooth transition.
We will be out Thursday and Friday this week – 8:30am Thursday and 9am Friday. Meet at the Pit Field both days.
For this weekend we are taking a break from our usual Saturday morning work session. Many of our volunteers are also involved with the Lewisboro Library Fair at Onatru Farm this coming Saturday 9/21 from 10am-4pm — and we don’t want to miss that! If we thought about it ahead of time we could probably have gotten a booth there for the trail building and recruited more volunteers (and donations!!).
On Sunday 9/22 we will meet up at “the usual” time 10:30am – meeting location “The Pit” field and working on the Causeway boardwalk.
Thank you as always for volunteering and spreading the word!
Take care, Rob Cummings
John Jay Community Trail – Race & Volunteering
- jjtrail.org – race & volunteer info website
- runsignup.com/jjtrail – registration direct link (Race date 4.19.20)
- runsignup.com/jjtrail/donate – donation direct link
- instagram.com/jjtrail – follow us! post your own photos #jjtrail