The John Jay Cross Country and Track & Field teams together with the John Jay Booster Club will be holding the inaugural John Jay 5k Trail Race at the JJ campus on Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 9am. The race will raise money to finish building the JJ Community Trail (our new cross country course) and fund the XC / Track and Field programs at John Jay.
To make this a success, we need your help in the following areas:
- Run the race: Register yourself and family members for the inaugural John Jay 5k Race!
- Donate: Please consider donating directly to support the course and our high school program.
- Sponsorships: Who do you know that runs a business that could support the race? Your relationships can make a big difference in our community.
- Volunteer: We need pre-race and race-day volunteers to make this a success.
- Join the John Jay Booster Club: With the most students for any sport, let’s support our program at the Booster Club and beyond.
The John Jay 5k: The John Jay 5k Community Trail Race is a competitive community race on the new John Jay Community Cross Country Trail. The course starts on the lower fields of the John Jay Campus and quickly goes into the wooded trails adjacent to the middle school and high school. The trails are challenging and hilly in the woods. Runners finish in front of friends and family at the John Jay Contest Field.
JJ Trail: The John Jay Community Trail has been developed and built by student and community volunteers to provide a home course for the John Jay Cross Country teams as well as for the community.
John Jay Cross Country / John Jay Track & Field: The John Jay Cross Country teams have won three state-level titles since 2013, two Section 1 titles, and swept the County Championships for both Varsity and JV, boys and girls in the most recent season. John Jay Middle School has both Modified Cross Country plus winter and spring Track & Field teams who compete throughout the county.