One boardwalk will be necessary on the Final Link trail segment between Bridge 3 and the John Jay Contest Field.
There is a section of “riprap” – large rocks for drainage – from the retaining pond downhill (southwest) of the John Jay Contest Field.
The drainage feature needs a boardwalk, even though it does not have a constant flow of water. The large rocks making up the rip-rap are hazardous to runners and cannot be filled with materials such as wood chips or gravel as that would defeat their purpose as a drainage feature.
Stats & Status
- Planned start Winter 2020, Finish target: Early April 2020
- Working name: “Final Link” because it’s the last one!
- Trail around it needs grading work to be done by KLSD O&M.
- Single span 6′ wide boardwalks.
- 12-14 foot span.
- Low foundation blocks with 5-6 foot ramps either side for gator access.
- Leveled and wood-chipped for smooth transition.
- Total length: 22-24′ long including ramps.